YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT WELDING AND PROUD OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS? YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN THE MARINE INDUSTRY AND WOULD LIKE TO JOIN A MAJOR COMPANY? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a Welder-Fitter to carry out various welding and fitting tasks on shipbuilding and ship repair projects.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week over 4 days;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary.
YOUR TYPICAL DAY
Reporting to the Foreman, you will have to:
- Read plans and interpret required welding procedures;
- Work with plans, cut material fit and assemble;
- Carry out welding according to FCAW and GMAW processes;
- Perform various tasks related to the welder’s work or as required by the project at hand;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE
- Diploma in vocational studies in welding-fitting or relevant work experience;
- CWB cards or meet Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) requirements;
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at heights and outdoors;
- Skills in reading plans and teamwork.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM? SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!