Operator, City of Québec
Operator, City of Québec
The marine industry is a key sector for Quebec’s economic growth. Ocean Group, a well-established Quebec entrepreneurial flagship and leader in integrated maritime services, offers several exciting careers.
Do you want to evolve in a unique work environment where surpassing oneself and challenges punctuate your daily life? To join a dynamic team with high ambitions and contribute to the company’s worldwide influence? Do you want to develop your talent to its full potential in a flexible company with a human dimension, which places the employee at the heart of its priorities?
You’ve come to the right place!
- Company: Ocean Shipbuilding and Naval Repair
- Location: Quebec City
- Department: Ocean Naval and Industrial Repairs Inc.
- Work schedule: 46.50 hours/week
- Status: Temporary
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF WHAT TO EXPECT
You have experience as a crane and boom truck operator? Are you versatile, dynamic and resourceful?
Regular travel to different work sites and teamwork will be part of your daily routine.
Under the supervision of foremen, you will operate various machinery used to lift, move and place equipment, loads or other heavy objects that need to be moved.
Ocean Naval and Industrial Repairs is currently looking for an operator to fill a temporary position.
You want a new challenge and have the required qualifications? All you have to do is apply online!
RESPONSIBILITIES YOU WILL BE ENTRUSTED WITH
- Operate cranes (60T to 200T) and boom trucks (25T to 35T) to lift, move and set up equipment and material
- Operate forklifts and skytraks to move objects and material
- Operate cranes mounted on ships or barges to lift, move and set up equipment and material
- Perform routine maintenance work such as equipment cleaning, lubrication and checks
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Valid crane operator certificates
- Valid unrestricted class 1 driver’s license
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience working on cranes and boom trucks
- Experience working on sites in the industrial and marine fields (an asset)
- Regular travel to various work sites
- Available to work nights and weekends depending on operational needs
- Versatile, dynamic and resourceful
- Teamwork skills
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and welding (an asset)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Tools and equipment
- Time bank
- Full range of benefits
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Social events
- Office located on the waterfront