- Company: Ocean Naval and Industrial Repairs Inc.
- Location: Quebec City
- Department: Shipbuilding and naval repairs
- Work schedule: 46.50 hours/week
- Status: Permanent
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF WHAT TO EXPECT
You have a vocational diploma (DEP) in construction equipment mechanics, industrial mechanics, marine mechanics, electromechanics or related field and have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the marine or industrial field?
Under the supervision of the foremen, you will be responsible for the installation and repair of mechanical systems and equipment. You will also maintain machinery and work equipment.
You want to contribute to the success of the company and be part of a dynamic team?
Read on to find out all the details of your next job!
RESPONSIBILITIES YOU WILL BE ENTRUSTED WITH
- Install and repair mechanical systems on ships being built or in dry dock
- Participate in major repairs as directed by the foreman: use lifting equipment, disassemble and reassemble machines and pieces of equipment, handle parts and participate in tests of completion as directed
- Install and repair plumbing systems
- Maintain and repair machinery and work equipment
- Perform other standard maintenance work
- Test repaired equipment to ensure its proper functioning and that repairs are consistent with the manufacturer’s requirements
- Check and repair the appliances or machinery that will be subject to inspection
- Perform any other duties assigned by his immediate supervisor
- Diploma of vocational studies (DEP) in construction equipment mechanics, industrial mechanics, marine mechanics, electromechanics or related field
- At least two (2) years of experience in the marine or industrial field
- Knowledge of diesel mechanics
- Experience in mechanics (an asset)
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license
- Good manual skills
- Teamwork skills
- Comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
- Available to travel outside the city and sometimes outside the province of Quebec
WHAT WE OFFER
- Tools and equipment
- Time bank
- Full range of benefits
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Social events