ARE YOU THE PERSON YOUR FAMILY CALLS WHEN THEIR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT MAKES A WEIRD NOISE? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A STABLE, STIMULATING, DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAVE AN INTEREST IN THE MARINE INDUSTRY? READ ON, THIS IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a Mechanic to carry out installation and repair of mechanical systems, equipment and piping.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 46.5 hours per week;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary.
YOUR TYPICAL DAY
Reporting to the Foreman, you will have to:
- Install and repair mechanical systems on ships under construction or in dry dock;
- Use lifting equipment, disassemble and reassemble machines and equipment, handle parts and participate in job completion testing as directed;
- Install and repair piping;
- Maintain and repair machinery and work equipment;
- Perform preventive inspections and other routine maintenance;
- Perform the inspection and repair of machinery or stationary rolling equipment that will be inspected;
- Perform any other duty assigned by your Foreman;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in mechanics, in plumbing and heating, or in any related fields;
- Knowledge of diesel mechanics;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in mechanics of any kind;
- Experience in ship mechanics (asset);
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Good manual skills;
- Versatility and team work;
- Able to work at heights, in confined spaces and outdoors;
- Available for travel outside the city and sometimes outside the province of Quebec.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM? SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!