ARE YOU THE PERSON YOUR FAMILY CALLS WHEN THEIR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT MAKES A WEIRD NOISE? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A STABLE, STIMULATING, DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAVE AN INTEREST IN THE MARINE INDUSTRY? READ ON, THIS IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a Mechanic to carry out installation and repair of mechanical and piping systems and equipment.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week over four (4) days;
- Full collective insurance (medicine, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary.
YOUR TYPICAL DAY
Reporting to the Foreman, you will have to:
- Install and repair mechanical systems on vessels under construction or in dry dock;
- Use lifting equipment, disassemble and reassemble machines and equipment, handle parts and participate in job completion testing as directed;
- Install and repair plumbing systems;
- Maintain and repair machinery and work equipment;
- Carry out preventive inspections and other routine maintenance;
- Carry out the inspection and repair of machinery or stationary rolling equipment that will be inspected;
- Carry out any other duty assigned by your Foreman;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE
- Diploma in mechanics, in plumbing and heating, or in any related fields;
- Knowledge of diesel mechanics and piping;
- Experience in vessel mechanics (asset);
- Good manual skills;
- Versatility and team work;
- Able to work at heights, in confined spaces and outside.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM? SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!