Mecanic Foreman, City of Québec
Mecanic Foreman, City of Québec
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a foreman to take charge of the organization, supervision and monitoring of the projects entrusted to him in shipbuilding and ship repair. He will ensure the quality and efficiency of the work carried out by his team. He will participate in the preparation of tenders and inspections of work completed and in progress.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 46.5 hours per week;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary;
- Beautiful geographical environment, in the heart of the Old Port of Québec.
YOUR TALENTS WILL BE USED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
- Scrupulously apply Ocean Group’s health, safety and environment policies, procedures and other requirements and act as an ambassador of these practices to your work team;
- Act preventively to control HSE risks for yourself and your colleagues;
- Participate in the planning of construction and repair projects, analyze all manufacturing and repair files, draw up the daily production plan, etc.;
- Ensure compliance with deadlines and established project planning;
- Plan and supervise the work of welders-fitters, mechanics, labourers, operators and other trades if necessary;
- Determine the distribution of work priorities based on the pre-established production schedule;
- Assign staff within the different production sectors to ensure optimal productivity;
- Analyze production issues and identify possible solutions and action plans;
- Participate and support the activities planned in the health, safety and environment management system.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE HAS:
- Diploma of vocational studies in mechanics or a related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a mechanic;
- Experience in personnel management;
- Work experience on shipbuilding and ship repair projects (asset);
- Good knowledge of the various welding and steel assembly processes and techniques;
- Proficiency in plan reading;
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics, machining, piping and finishing;
- Good management skills (project monitoring and cost control);
- Languages: advanced level in French and intermediate level in English, oral and written;
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license;
- Availability to travel to other work sites as needed.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM, SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!