YOU ARE RESOURCEFUL AND VERSATILE AND YOU HAVE GOOD MANUAL SKILLS? YOU WANT TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY WHERE YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? WE WANT TO MEET YOU!
We are actively seeking a Labourer to assist other work team with their work, perform cleaning, painting and finishing activities and assembling and dismantling scaffolding.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week over four (4) days;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary.
YOUR TYPICAL DAY
Reporting to the Foreman, you will have to:
- Assist welder-fitters in the performance of their work and monitor the work performed in confined spaces;
- Participate in vessels maneuvers for moving up and down the dry dock;
- Carry out grinding, painting and blasting work;
- Carry out handling, cleaning, packing, tank pumping and finishing work;
- Run various errands;
- Erect and dismantle temporary shelters and scaffoldings;
- Operate the overhead crane;
- Conduct air tests in compartments;
- Carry out all other tasks assigned by the Foreman;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE
- Versatile, energetic and resourceful;
- Good manual skills and teamwork spirit;
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at heights and outdoors;
- Experience on an industrial site (asset);
- Experience in sanding and painting (asset);
- Knowledge of mechanics and welding (asset).
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM? SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!