The marine industry is a key sector for Quebec’s economic growth. Ocean Group, a well-established Quebec entrepreneurial flagship and leader in integrated maritime services, offers several exciting careers.
Do you want to evolve in a unique work environment where surpassing oneself and challenges punctuate your daily life? To join a dynamic team with high ambitions and contribute to the company’s worldwide influence? Do you want to develop your talent to its full potential in a flexible company with a human dimension, which places the employee at the heart of its priorities?
You’ve come to the right place!
- Company: Ocean Naval and Industrial Repairs Inc.
- Location: Quebec City
- Department: Shipbuilding and Naval Repairs
- Work schedule: 46.50 hours/week
- Status: Permanent
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF WHAT TO EXPECT
You have experience on industrial sites and even in the maritime field?
You are versatile and resourceful. You have good manual skills and like to do several different tasks in a challenging and dynamic environment?
Under the supervision of formen, you will be responsible for performing various tasks such as assisting other work team with their work, performing cleaning, painting and finishing activities, and assembling and dismantling scaffolding.
Does this description appeal to you? Don’t wait any longer and send us your CV!
RESPONSIBILITIES YOU WILL BE ENTRUSTED WITH
- Assist welder-fitters, mechanics and operators in the performance of their work
- Monitor the work performed by welder-fitters, mechanics and labourers in confined spaces
- Perform grinding and painting work
- Perform packing and protection work on various pieces of equipment
- Perform blasting work using Sponge-Jet equipment
- Perform various handling tasks
- Perform various messenger tasks
- Perform cleaning tasks
- Carry out various finishing work
- Perform reservoir pumping operations
- Assemble temporary shelters and scaffoldings
- Carry out all other tasks assigned by foremen
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license
- Shipyard experience in the industrial and marine fields would be considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and welding would be considered an asset
- Comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces and outside
- Versatile, energetic and resourceful
- Good manual skills
- Teamwork skills and ready to take on challenges
- Available to travel with other team members, depending on operational needs
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full range of benefits
- A free employee assistance program for the whole family
- A Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Social events