World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come “live Ocean”!
Ocean Group was awarded the HR – Best Practices Award by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec at the prestigious Fidéides 2021 evening.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Production Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the organization, supervision and follow-up of projects assigned to him/her in shipbuilding and repair. He ensures the quality and efficiency of the work performed by his team. He participates in the preparation of bids and inspections of work completed and in progress.
- Apply the policies, procedures and other requirements of Ocean Group in terms of health, safety and environment, and be an ambassador of these practices to his work team;
- Act preventively to control HSE risks for oneself and one’s colleagues;
- Assume leadership in health, safety and environment by intervening immediately and proportionately in the event of a risky situation or failure to comply with an HSE rule or standard;
- Participate in the planning of construction and repair projects. To this end, analyze all manufacturing and repair files, develop the daily production plan, etc;
- Plan and supervise the work of welder-fitters and other trades as required;
- Determine the distribution of work priorities according to the established production schedule;
- Ensure, through daily verifications, that work crews are complying with established work method guidelines and quality management system requirements;
- Analyze production problems and identify possible solutions and action plans;
- Write various production reports;
- Ensure sound management of the work team and maintain a stimulating work environment;
- Follow up on the hours worked and absences of his staff and validate their time cards;
- Identify the training needs of the staff in his team;
- Conduct performance evaluations of the people under his supervision;
- Participate in the analysis of equipment and workshop improvement needs and participate in the planning of necessary material purchases;
- Collaborate in the preparation of bids;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in welding and assembly;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in personnel management;
- Experience working on shipbuilding and repair projects (asset);
- Excellent knowledge of various welding and steel assembly processes and techniques;
- Excellent knowledge in reading drawings;
- Good knowledge of mechanics, machining, piping and finishing;
- Good management skills (project follow-up and cost control);
- Good knowledge of occupational health and safety standards;
- Proficiency in oral and written French;
- CWB supervisor (asset);
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license;
- Availability to travel to other work sites as required.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Social club;
- Great geographical environment, in the heart of the Old Port of Québec.
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine form is used in this document for conciseness purposes only. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of Ocean Group Inc. used under license.