YOU WISH TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a supervisor to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of our operations teams. He will ensure the quality and efficiency of the work carried out by his team and carry out various tasks related to the application of quality standards and health, safety and environment. Finally, he will manage the personnel under his supervision and will be responsible for certain administrative tasks.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season and anticipated vacation weeks;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Annual bonus program;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Beautiful marine environment at the Port of Sept-Îles.
YOUR TALENTS WILL BE USED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
- Scrupulously apply Ocean Group’s health, safety and environment (HSE) policies, procedures and other requirements, and act as an ambassador of these practices for your work team;
- Act preventively to help control HSE risks for yourself and your colleagues;
- Participate in hiring, employee management and payroll processes, including time sheets;
- Conduct performance appraisals with your supervisor;
- Apply the rules of the collective agreement in collaboration with the Operations Manager;
- Oversee and supervise the execution of activities and projects;
- Assess and prepare project requirements ( labour, vessels, materials, equipment, etc.) and ensure procurement for each project;
- Ensure compliance with project schedules and planning;
- Inspect vessel and barge maintenance and repair work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, classification society and Transport Canada standards;
- Review ship maintenance and repair/renovation plans, drawings and diagrams;
- Attend tug maintenance and repair work to ensure compliance with current specifications and standards (ISM and SINEX);
- Ensure compliance with current quality standards (ISM, ISPS);
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE HAS:
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in a similar position managing an operations team;
- Professional degree in mechanics or other relevant training;
- Good knowledge of diesel engine mechanics and electronic troubleshooting (asset);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft 365;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn digital platforms, such as SAP, Power BI, Conform-IT and Sinex.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license;
- Availability for travel to other work sites.
- Language :
o Advanced level in oral and written French.
o Intermediate level in spoken and written English (asset).
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM, SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!