Second Officer, Other
Second Officer, Other
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a Second Officer for the OCEAN TRAVERSE NORD (OTN). The incumbent will work bridge watches on the largest vessel in the Ocean fleet (64.3 m in length) and the only suction dredger in Eastern Canada. The vessel performs major dredging projects throughout Eastern Canada and the Caribbean.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – six-week rotations;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events.
YOUR TALENTS WILL BE USED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
- Perform bridge watches in transit, while dredging or at anchor;
- Perform vessel maneuvering during dredging and offloading;
- Participate in drills (abandonment, fire, man overboard, ISPS, etc.);
- Be responsible for wearing the appropriate PPE for the assigned tasks and ensure that the crew follows the company’s health, safety and environmental policies;
- Record completed tasks in the SINEX system and follow up with the first officer;
- Perform assigned inspections;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE HAS:
- Watchkeeping Mate Certificate;
- MED-STCW Certificate;
- Marine Advanced First Aid Certificate;
- Valid Marine Medical Certificate;
- Restricted Operator Certificate (an asset);
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid Canadian passport;
- Availability to travel frequently to different operation sites;
- Languages: advanced level in French and English, oral and written.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM, SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender is meant to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of 9215-7064 Québec Inc. used under license.