World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come “live Ocean”!
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director – Project Planning, the incumbent is responsible for planning the use of raw materials, labor, subcontractors and equipment for all shipbuilding and repair projects. The incumbent works closely with a multidisciplinary team and contributes to the implementation of effective and efficient work processes.
Plan the projects
- Participate in the definition of projects by establishing production master plans, according to business priorities;
- Propose planning scenarios to ensure that objectives are met;
- Prepare and update schedules;
- Harmonize schedules to maximize space and infrastructure utilization;
- Plan human resources according to the needs of different simultaneous contracts, by developing a short, medium and long term manpower curve;
- Reconcile technical modifications or assembly strategies by collaborating with the engineering, quality, procurement and production departments;
- Identify and analyze opportunities to improve work processes and propose new ways of doing things;
- Negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors;
- Coordinate team meetings related to project planning;
- Ensure the effective follow-up of reports issued by the project managers;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
Monitor projects performance
- Analyze project data, risks, schedule variances and financial variances;
- Communicate variances between actual and estimated schedules to project managers;
- Identify and propose solutions to correct identified cost and schedule variances;
- Evaluate the impact on costs of each modification or evolution of the contract during its execution.
Information system – performance indicators – document management
- Generate progress reports and performance indicators;
- Ensure continuous monitoring of performance indicators;
- Contribute to the optimization of the SAP – PM module;
- Document all analyses performed.
- College education in a discipline related to the position: mechanical engineering, civil engineering, naval architecture;
- Any combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience as a planner;
- Experience in planning large scale industrial projects in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience in the marine industry will be considered (asset);
- Experience in the marine industry will be considered an asset; A functional level of English, both oral and written;
- Ability to use an integrated management software;
- Knowledge of the SAP ERP software – PS module (asset);
- Excellent knowledge of MS Project software;
- Demonstrate great rigor and possess strong analytical skills;
- Have a good organization of the work, as well as priorities;
- Be able to work under pressure and have the ability to lead several projects at the same time;
- Be proactive, flexible, adaptable and have a great capacity to adapt;
- Have a good business sense;
- Ability to investigate problems and find solutions;
- Have a “customer service orientation” and be a team player;
- Be recognized for his professionalism and diplomacy;
- Ability to mobilize, convince and be recognized as a positive influence in the workplace;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent position – 37.5 hours per week;
- Position eligible for telecommuting, according to the policy in effect;
- Workplace: Quebec City and/or Isle-aux-Coudres;
- Travel required to Isle-aux-Coudres, as needed;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season!
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Social club;
- Great geographical environment, in the heart of the Old Port of Québec.