Marine Engineer, various sites
Marine Engineer, various sites
World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees who are driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come “live Ocean”!
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the captain of the Ocean Traverse Nord, the incumbent is primarily responsible for the machinery operation of the ship including start up and shut down procedures of main engine(s) and auxiliary generators. This position also requires the individual to work independently in assessing any mechanical breakdowns (machinery, pumps, hydraulics, electrical) from tear down, procurement of parts and rebuild to final installation.
- To operate all machinery of the hopper dredger;
- To perform preventive maintenance according to the procedures and guidelines;
- To perform repairs and maintenance of the engine room and all equipment on board;
- To ensure to proper functioning of equipment on board
- To dismantle, repair and reinstall equipment relating to diesel main engine(s), auxiliary diesel engines, hydraulic power packs, water pumps and electrical systems onboard vessel;
- To understand and comprehend vessel drawings (hull, piping diagrams, machinery and electrical layout);
- To ensure bunkering and lube oil operations;
- To maintain inventory
- To maintain cleanliness of work place;
- To comply with all corporate policies, especially with health, safety and environmental policies;
- To monitor engine operating parameters and reporting;
- To prepare the ship for annual inspection;
- To participate in internal and external audits;
- To fill out logbook, records, checklists;
- To record defects and preventive maintenance software;
- To report issues or suggested repairs of defective equipment to mechanical superintendent;
- To assist mechanical superintendent when needed;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Fourth Class Marine Engineer Canadian Certification (Motor);
- A minimum experience of one year of sea as an engineer ;
- M.E.D. certificate;
- Valid seafarer’s medical;
- Restricted radio certificate, an asset;
- Good knowledge of diesel mechanic;
- Good knowledge of hydraulic systems ;
- Analytical skills for problem solving and troubleshooting ;
- Comfortable working with Sinex and Microsoft Office ;
- Self-directed and demonstrating positive leadership ;
- Responsible, autonomous, team worker and punctual.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job;
- Six weeks on, six weeks off;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP).