Foreman - Steel works, Québec
Foreman - Steel works, Québec
- Company: Qualité et Service Océan
- Location: Québec
- Department: Operations
- Work schedule: 42.5 hours/week
- Status: Permanent
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF WHAT TO EXPECT
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director – Fleet Management and Inventory, the incumbent is responsible for the activities of the welding shop in L’Ange-Gardien. The incumbent coordinates and supervises the work of the staff and manages the yard and the shop. He participates in the planning and estimation of repair work. He ensures the follow-up of the equipment with the various management tools and collaborates in the maintenance and the update of the inventory system.
RESPONSIBILITIES YOU WILL BE ENTRUSTED WITH
Supervision of the operations of the L’Ange-Gardien welding shop
- Plan and supervise welding, assembly, cutting and steel transformation work according to production plans and applicable standards;
- Ensure on a daily basis that the welders-fitters comply with the guidelines of the established work methods and quality requirements;
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Coordinator in the preparation of quality inspections;
- Control production costs and work schedules according to budgets and deadlines;
- Prepare production reports and performance indicators;
- Ensure supply of materials and tools for welding and assembly work;
- Coordinate and supervise material handling activities assigned to the Ange-Gardien site.
Human Resources management
- Follow up on the hours worked and absences of his staff and validate their time sheets;
- Identify training needs and ensure the training of employees of his team;
- Maintain a stimulating work environment for team members;
- Carry out annual performance appraisals of the employees under his supervision;
- Ensure the application of work safety rules and investigate accidents and incidents.
- Evaluate and estimate the cost of welding operations required for off-hire repairs or in a project of manufacturing, repair or maintenance of equipment;
- Analyze manufacturing plans and plan daily production;
- Follow up on the progress of work with the requestors.
Inventory management and maintenance planning
- Feed the equipment inventory management, maintenance and preventive maintenance systems of Marine Works and Dredging;
- Evaluate and manage the budgets necessary for the infrastructure and equipment of the L’Ange-Gardien operational site;
- Ensure the physical management of equipment, materials and spare parts at the L’Ange-Gardien operational site.
- Have a college diploma in a mechanical engineering field or other relevant field;
- Possess a welding shop supervisor certification;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in the field of marine manufacturing, including at least three (3) years in personnel management;
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software (Word and Excel);
- Have knowledge of Autodesk Suite (an asset);
- Have a good work organization and sense of priorities;
- Have the ability to analyze problems and find solutions;
- Have the ability to make quick and sound decisions;
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Be recognized for professionalism and diplomacy;
- Have the ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrate thoroughness, commitment to excellence and discretion;
- Be available to travel away from the city and sometimes outside the province of Quebec.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full range of benefits;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Working for a world-class company with big ambitions;
- Evolving within a Quebec entrepreneurial flagship and a leader in the Canadian maritime industry.