World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come “live Ocean”!
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Director – Projects and Production, the foreman will be responsible for the organization, supervision and follow-up of the projects entrusted to him in naval construction and repair. He will ensure the quality and efficiency of the work performed by welders, mechanics and labourers. He will participate in the preparation of bids and inspections of work completed and in progress.
- Scrupulously apply Ocean’s health, safety and environment (HSE) policies, procedures and other requirements; be an ambassador of these practices to your work team and ensure compliance;
- Act preventively, provide HSE leadership to help control HSE risks to self and co-workers and act quickly in the event of a risk situation;
- Participate in the planning of construction and repair projects; analyze all projects and develop the daily production plan, etc.
- Plan and supervise the work of the trade shifts under his responsibility;
- Determine the distribution of work priorities according to the pre-established production schedule and inform employees of changes as required;
- Ensure, through daily audits, that work crews are complying with established work method guidelines and quality management system requirements;
- Analyze, with the help of his team, production problems and identify possible solutions and action plans;
- Provide technical support to the various trades, when required;
- Write various production reports;
- Ensure sound management of the work team and maintain a stimulating work environment;
- Ensure a follow-up of the hours worked and absences of his personnel and validate their time cards;
- Identify the training needs of his team;
- Identify the training needs of the personnel in his team; Proceed to the evaluation of the performance of the personnel under his supervision;
- Participate in the analysis of equipment and workshop improvement needs and participate in the planning of necessary material purchases;
- Collaborate in the preparation of bids;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: painting/sanding, welding, mechanics;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in personnel management;
- Experience in naval construction and repair will be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of plan reading;
- Good knowledge of mechanics, machining, piping and finishing work;
- Good management skills (project follow-up and cost control);
- Good knowledge of occupational health and safety standards;
- Intermediate level of English, oral and written, will be considered an asset;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Social club;
- Great geographical environment, on the shores of the St. Lawrence at Isle-aux-Coudres.