DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking an estimator to estimate and produce bids for construction projects for the Marine Works and Dredging business unit. He will also put his knowledge and experience to work for the various Ocean Group stakeholders in connection with these projects. Finally, he works in synergy with operations, the engineering team and the project managers to achieve the targeted objectives.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 37.5 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season and anticipated vacation weeks;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Annual bonus program;
- Possibility of teleworking;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary;
- Beautiful geographical environment, in the heart of the Old Port of Québec.
YOUR TALENTS WILL BE USED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
- Accurately estimate the work in terms of materials, human resources, equipment and turnaround time in order to develop cost effective and competitively priced bids;
- Ensure that bid and contract information and all related documents are compliant, completed, transmitted and documented with the right people and tools (SAP, financial analysis, etc.).
- Familiarize, train and stay current with estimating tools (TPL, Excel, inventory software) and internal bidding procedures;
- Identify, solicit and obtain competitive bids from our subcontractors and suppliers for targeted needs;
- Support the Head Estimator and the corporate legal team in the validation of contractual, commercial and legal issues, bid compliance and contract drafting and verification;
- Work to obtain contract signature and close the sale, with the help of business development.
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE HAS :
- Technical or engineering degree in a field relevant to the position;
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in estimating;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of estimating software, either TPL Solution or other;
- Availability to travel in Quebec and Canada;
- Ability to investigate problems and find solutions;
- Bilingualism in French and English, oral and written (asset).
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM? SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.