Engineer Officer, Delta (BC)
Engineer Officer, Delta (BC)
YOU WISH TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking an Engineer Officer to carry out operations and mechanical maintenance on tugs, and navigate with the tugs within Fraser River, Vancouver Harbour and Delta Port.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job, on-call – fourteen (14) days on, seven (7) days off;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Work equipment provided.
YOUR TALENTS WILL BE USED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
- Participate with Captain and Deckhand for ship assist maneuvers as and when needed as per Safe Manning Document;
- Plan, coordinate and carry out routine mechanical maintenance and scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance (SINEX system) as well as major repairs;
- Complete maintenance reports in the SINEX management system;
- Ensure the proper functioning of ships, equipment and machinery;
- Make necessary adjustments, repairs and installations on ships and other equipment;
- Ensure inventory control, source and order spare parts needed for the maintenance;
- Check and repair equipment before and after use on a project;
- Ensure compliance (certifications) with Transport Canada regulations by maintaining tugs’ certificates and service reports;
- Travel to various sites in the Vancouver area to perform repairs and maintenance;
- Ensure the application and respect of the quality standards in force (ISM, etc.);
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE HAS:
- Canadian 2nd or 3rd Class Marine Engineer Certificate;
- Experience in the field (asset);
- Certificates of competency:
- MED STCW Basic Safety (STCW);
- Lifeboat and rescue boat operating skills other than fast rescue boats (PSC).
- Valid medical certificate issued by Transport Canada;
- Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate Maritime, with DSC endorsement (ROC-M (DSC)) (asset);
- Basic Marine First Aid Certificate;
- Good work organization and sense of priorities;
- Availability to travel frequently to work sites;
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license;
- Languages: advanced level in English, both spoken and written.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM, SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender is meant to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of 9215-7064 Québec Inc. used under license