- Company: Ocean Towing and Navigation
- Location: Québec
- Department: Operations
- Work schedule: 42 hours/week
- Status: Permanent
Under the supervision of the Head of service – Dispatch, the position holder dispatches ship escort requests for navigation on the St. Lawrence River. He enters all relative information pertaining to requests and navigation needs in the data processing system.
- Receive requests for ship accompaniment
- Coordinate the assignment of a Captain or pilot boat to ships that request it, based on other ongoing escort operations
- Answer calls from Captains to assist them in resolving issues that arise, and inform the Manager
- Receive Captains’ records of operations and enter data into the system
- Regularly update the distribution table to ensure proper coordination of requests
- Ensure a watchful eye on naval activities on the St. Lawrence River
- Make sure you are always aware of the Ocean Captains’ movements and information on the current accompaniments.
- Ensure that phone calls are answered and client requests are taken
- Collaborate with management on the application of stranding policy when required
- Ensure the reception and transfer of calls outside of business hours
- Perform various support tasks to other divisions, such as ordering material
- Diploma in transportation logistics or any other training relevant to the position;
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in transportation logistics;
- Customer service skills and facility to express oneself;
- Bilingual: spoken French and English;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt;
- Enjoy team work;
- Experience in the maritime field (an asset);
- Available to work day, evening, night or weekend rotating shifts according to the schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full range of benefits
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family
- Free parking
- An office located on the waterfront
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations people and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine form is used in this document for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.