Captain - Suction Dredger, Other
Captain - Suction Dredger, Other
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a captain for the OCEAN TRAVERSE NORTH (OTN). The incumbent will be in charge of the largest vessel in the Ocean fleet (64.3 m in length) and the only suction dredger in Eastern Canada. The vessel carries out major dredging projects throughout Eastern Canada and the Caribbean.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – four to six week rotations;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary.
YOUR TALENTS WILL BE USED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
- Be the company’s representative on board the dredger;
- Make any decision necessary to ensure the safety of his crew, the vessel and the environment;
- Respect and ensure compliance with the specific instructions and guidelines set out in the company’s SMS;
- Lead and support the work teams in the accomplishment of the work (problems, questions, decisions, etc.);
- Respond to emergency situations by directing operations and response teams while following established procedures;
- Analyze and visit project sites as necessary to bid, plan work and prepare the dredging and hydrography team;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE HAS:
- Canadian STCW certificate of master 3000 tons near shore class 1;
- MED-STCW certificate;
- Advanced Marine First Aid Certificate;
- Valid Marine Medical Certificate;
- Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate;
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid Canadian passport;
- Availability to travel frequently to the different operation sites;
- Languages: advanced level in French and English, oral and written.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM, SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender is meant to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of 9215-7064 Québec Inc. used under license.