Buyer, Les Méchins
Buyer, Les Méchins
YOU WISH TO JOIN A LARGE-SCALE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE RECOGNIZED? READ ON, THIS OFFER IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
We are actively seeking a buyer to negotiate and purchase goods and services according to the requests of the applicants. He will be responsible for procurement, in accordance with established standards and procedures, for all agreements with suppliers and for the management of major acquisition.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week;
- Group insurance (prescription drugs, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events.
YOUR TALENTS WILL BE USED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
- Ensure the management of the various requests received from the applicants;
- Proceed with calls for tenders and requests for bids in accordance with the procedures in effect;
- Proceed to the orders by respecting the level of authorization of the applicants;
- Follow up on orders according to established procedures;
- Ensure compliance with purchasins procedures by suppliers and subcontractors;
- Communicate with suppliers to resolve problems;
- Research suppliers, evaluate their potential, negotiate agreements and follow up on them;
- Negotiate the price of goods and services, according to the technical specifications requested by the applicants;
- Prepare and negotiate claims files;
- Participate and support the activities of the Healrth, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE HAS:
- College diploma in administration or a related field;
- Training with the Supply Chain Management Association, an asset;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years in purchasing and supply;
- Knowledge of the business aspects of agreements;
- Experience with the use of purchasing and inventory management software;
- Bilingualism in French and English, oral and written;
- Negotiation and communication skills.
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM, SEND US YOUR RESUME NOW!
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender is meant to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of 9215-7064 Québec Inc. used under license.