The incumbent manages the complete production of engineering drawings tailored to the needs of clients and of the marine sector. He is responsible for the design of construction work and repairs performed on ships and barges. He is also responsible for certain estimation work. He supervises specialized researches, calculations and sampling. Lastly, he manages the personnel under his supervision.
- In collaboration with the engineering team, use his expertise in design strategy and drawing in order to propose optimal solutions that are tailored to the needs of clients and of the marine sector, while complying with regulations;
- Interact with internal and external clients, particularly during the identification of client needs;
- Participate with his team in the design and internal planning of projects with respect to shipbuilding and naval repairs;
- In collaboration with the project coordinator, plan and organize the production of drawings effectively and efficiently and within prescribed deadlines;
- Ensure reliable monitoring and support during the performance of drawing work;
- Ensure the achievement of objectives, such as meeting delivery schedules and quality standards;
- Support his team members to ensure work progress;
- Perform mechanical engineering calculations for the systems or elements necessary for the construction or repair of ships or barges;
- Perform calculations to check the sampling of structural and mechanical components that are part of the construction or repair of ships or barges;
- Sign and seal plans and specifications;
- Establish a positive and stimulating work atmosphere within the team;
- Encourage and support the development of his various team members to foster their effectiveness and versatility;
- Establish annual targets and conduct performance assessments for his team members;
- Apply human resources management policies (absence management, etc.);
- Carry out any other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree in a relevant field. Any combination of relevant experience and training will be considered;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- About 10 years of experience in the development and design of plans for marine equipment;
- At least 7 years of experience in personnel management;
- Proficient in the use of 2D & 3D drawing software, preferably Autodesk products;
- Demonstrate autonomy, flexibility, thoroughness and reliability;
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Enjoy teamwork;
- Advanced knowledge of French, both spoken and written;
- An intermediate level of English would be an asset.
NB: The masculine form is used in this publication for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.