Thanks to its acquisitions, strategic development and diversification, Ocean has become one of the main suppliers of integrated marine services in Canada and a leader in the Canadian marine industry. With its sights set firmly on the future, the company intends to continue growing while maintaining a strong focus on its core services. Ocean provides various marine services including harbour towing, marine transportation, shipbuilding and naval repair, dredging and equipment rental.
Reporting to the Director of Information Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the management of IT systems and solutions to be implemented. In collaboration with his team, he will perform work related to development, implementation, set-up and progressive maintenance. As part of his role, he will work closely with an information technology team and various other stakeholders at Ocean.
- Ensure the management of business solutions and digital information;
- Ensure application management and the implementation of best practices;
- Ensure the improvement of processes and procedures as well as their updating;
- Collaborate to various assignments, such as the implementation of policies, investment planning and maintenance, the management of service delivery, the management of security, etc.;
- Act as manager and leader to his team, while providing management focused on the continuous improvement of methods used by users and his work team, user service and communication;
- Plan and coordinate various assignments and projects to be performed by the IT team;
- Ensure optimal use of business solutions by users.
- Hold a university degree;
- Have 10 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience in an ERP environment;
- Relevant experience in business analysis for the collection of needs and definition of business requirements;
- Capable of using his professional background to play an advisory role in projects;
- Teamwork-oriented, in a context of multidisciplinary teams;
- Strong analytical skills, as cases are often inter-connected or complex;
- Proven sense of leadership as a manager and in project management;
- Experience in business requirements elicitation in a large-scale ERP solution context;
- Experience in the implementation of business analysis best practices (such as those from IIBA’s BABOK or other);
- Able to work in a methodical and effective manner;
- Able to easily handle the unexpected and adjust priorities;
- A certification in business analysis would be an asset (such as IIBA’s CBAP or other);
- Bilingual in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Experience in Agile software development would also be an asset;
NB: The masculine form is used in this publication for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.