The incumbent ensures the planning and carrying out of specialized marine equipment installation work intended for various projects and shipyards. He sees to the coordination of the work carried out onsite, in close cooperation with the team of superintendents under his supervision.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all the work performed by his team on worksites;
- Ensure that mobilization and demobilization work meet quality requirements, timetables and budgets;
- Develop and implement work processes and procedures;
- Determine best work practices and equipment with the support of marine experts;
- Determine worksite layout;
- Participate in start-up meetings and disseminate information to teams;
- Provide liaison between the site, project management and estimation;
- Contribute to finding solutions to technical problems with foremen and project managers;
- Manage transportation and produce purchase requisitions for material or services;
- Implement human resources management and staff mobilization strategies;
- Facilitate production meetings with his team to address issues, areas for improvement, etc.;
- Act as the person in charge of health, safety and environment in his team.
- Have completed studies in civil or mechanical engineering, administration or other field relevant to the position;
- Have at least 7 years of work experience as project manager in the field of construction, heavy equipment or in the industrial sector;
- Experience in staff management in a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Recognized for his ability to manage and plan diverse, and sometimes complex, projects;
- Good work planning and organizational skills;
- Able to demonstrate leadership and use a coaching-oriented approach to managing staff;
- Able to easily convey his ideas;
- Able to handle unexpected events with a solution-oriented mindset;
- Good ability in the use of MS Project and Excel software.
NB: The masculine form is used for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.