Under the direction of the Mechanical Foreman, the mechanic performs the repair, maintenance and servicing of several equipment and machines used as part of various marine projects.
- Participate in the proper functioning of equipment and machinery;
- Ensure the adjustment, repair and replacement of parts on defective equipment;
- Conduct testing of equipment to ensure its functioning and that repairs meet requirements;
- Perform related maintenance work on equipment and machinery;
- Participate in major repairs according to the instructions of the Mechanical Foreman;
- Perform verification and repair of equipment or machinery that will be subject to inspection;
- Travel between the different sites to perform repair and maintenance work.
- Hold a vocational diploma in construction equipment mechanics (other relevant training will be considered);
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in construction equipment mechanics;
- Skills in diesel motor mechanics;
- Skills in electromechanics or as crane operator would be an asset;
- Having previously worked with a preventive maintenance program (PMP) would be an asset;
- Able to travel according to sites or needs;
- Holding a valid driver’s license is required for the position;
- Holding a Class 3 driver's license would be an asset;
- Meticulous in their work;
- Comfortable working both inside and outside;
- Good level of independence;
- Enjoy teamwork.
NB: The masculine form is used for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.