Reporting to the Financial Controller, the incumbent will work with the other members of the department’s team to implement the stages of payroll production in accordance with applicable standards, regulations and laws.
- Validate and process the data required to process payroll, insurance and group RRSP;
- Produce required documents in accordance with the various laws and their implementing regulations;
- Validate the required employee information as well as their position in the company and enter it into the computerized payroll system;
- Import data into the payroll system;
- Validate the hours worked received according to collective agreements, internal processes and ongoing projects;
- Produce a weekly payroll cycle;
- Verify payroll records using the system (salaries, deductions, pension plans, union dues, etc.);
- Perform salary advance deposits and recovery of amounts;
- Perform payroll corrections when an error occurs;
- Prepare and process the various remittances (union dues, DPSP, group RRSP, social club);
- Carry out CNESST compensation calculations when required;
- Produce wage-bill statements;
- Answer questions related to payroll;
- Provide support to the members of the payroll team and the accounting department in their tasks.
- College education in Accounting, Administration or other field relevant to the position;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing a full payroll cycle;
- Enjoy working as a team in a spirit of cooperation, and demonstrate a positive attitude;
- Demonstrate thoroughness, integrity and rigour in his work;
- Resourceful, with good judgement;
- Sense of discretion and confidentiality;
- Holding a training certificate from the Canadian Payroll Association would be an asset;
- Intermediate knowledge of Office Suite software (Excel, Outlook).
NB: The masculine form is used in this publication for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.