Application deadline: September 30, 2017
The incumbent will be responsible for developing plans and specifications for the improvement and design of marine equipment.
- Search for technical information as part of project implementation (engineering calculations, equipment specifications, standards, etc.);
- Design models and prototypes (3D virtual prototype models would be an asset);
- Design common and special equipment intended to support operations (e.g.: winches, ship hauling systems, hydraulic units, lifting equipment, barges, etc.);
- Design units for the installation of new components on ships (e.g.: engines, generators, transmissions, hydraulic systems, lifting devices);
- Test tools and equipment to determine their performance, power, strength and other characteristics;
- Make recommendations on the best tools and equipment;
- Check ship and barge repair and maintenance work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and the standards of classification societies and Transport Canada;
- Act as a resource person to project managers. To this end, solve the technical problems encountered or refer them to an appropriate person as required;
- Ensure that manufacturing plans are updated according to the modifications carried out during the project;
- Complete plans by adding the components required for manufacturing;
- Make a list of required materials, anticipate implementation costs and present this information as a proposal to other stakeholders as required;
- Draw (accountable for the quality of drawings) structure, mechanical, hydraulic, finishing and/or electrical plans based on specifications and standards;
- Support project managers in the analysis of the plans and specifications he has prepared when his projects are launched in production.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree in a relevant field. Any combination of relevant experience and training will be considered;
- Being a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec would be an asset;
- Having the ability to sign and seal plans and specifications would be an asset;
- Have about 5 years of experience in the development and design of plans for marine equipment;
- Be proficient in the use of 2D & 3D drawing software, preferably Autodesk products;
- Demonstrate autonomy, flexibility, thoroughness and reliability;
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Enjoy teamwork;
- Have an advanced knowledge of French, both spoken and written;
- Having an intermediate level of English would be an asset.
NB: The masculine form is used in this publication for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.