City: Quebec City,
Under the supervision of the Head of Service - Dispatch, the position holder dispatches ship escort requests for navigation on the St. Lawrence River. He enters all relative information pertaining to requests and navigation needs in the data processing system.
- Ensure that phone calls are answered and client requests are taken;
- Dispatch crews, tugboats and pilot boats according to client requests and other operations in progress;
- Update the dispatch board to ensure appropriate coordination of requests;
- Enter requests in the data processing system with all necessary information;
- Ensure certain administrative tasks pertaining to the position;
- Provide a high quality customer service to clients and partners.
- Hold a diploma in transportation logistics or any other training relevant to the position;
- Have 1 to 2 years’ experience in transportation logistics;
- Have customer service skills and facility to express oneself;
- Bilingual: French and English;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt;
- Enjoy team work;
- Experience in the maritime industry (an asset);
- Be available to work day, evening, night or weekend rotating shifts according to the schedule.
Oil tanker docking maneuver at the Ultramar refinery
Two Ocean tugboats called to the site of a fire at the Port of Québec
Pilot transhipment in Québec City