The position holder will be responsible for ensuring servicing, mechanical maintenance and effective operation of the trailing suction hopper dredge of Océan Traverse Nord during its dredging operations in Canada and internationally.
- Ensure proper functioning of on-board equipment during dredge operations and trips
- Perform repairs and maintenance of the engine room and on-board equipment
- Take part in maintenance and repair operations during dry docks
- Perform specific maintenance routines for each machine or equipment according to applicable procedures and requirements
- Monitor the functioning parameters of engines and report any malfunction
- Ensure that policies on safety and environmental protection are followed
- Perform other related duties, as required